Monday, May 25, 2009

OAMC- Ground beef plan for summer

I have been sick so I haven't gotten a lot of work done but I have been working on planning. Since summer is now here I am looking at grilling recipes and for my family, that means hanburgers. So when I get well I plan on purchasing a case of lean ground beef from Sam's Club and make hamburgers and a few meatballs.

Here is what I'm going to make;
10 lb BBQ cheese burgers
10 lb Pizza Burgers
20 Lb onion soup burgers
10 lb. stuffed Hamburgers - from www.onceamonthmom.com
30 lb meatballs with various sauces

BBQ Cheese burgers
1 1/2 c mesquite BBQ suace
6t garlic
3T chili pwdr
1 1/2 t curry pwdr
1 1/2 t salt
1 1/2 t pepper

Mix and shape into patty, grill and top with cheese

Onion soup burgers
These are the easiset, just buy onion soup mix from Aldi's and mix in 2 packages for every 3 lbs of meat. Then make into patties and freeze.

Pizza Burgers
5 c Marina sauce
2 1/2 c finely chopped onion
1/3 c minced garlic
1 T salt
2t pepper
2 1/2 lbs. mozerella cheeese shredded
Mix everything but cheese into ground beef. Make round ball of beef mixture and make a hole to stuff with cheese, pat down gently. Freeze. When you cook you can top with extra marina if you wish.

Meatballs
30 lb ground beef
15 c dry bread crumbs
3 1/3 cup milk
20 eggs, beaten
1 1/4 c minced onions
1/2 c + 2 T minced garlic
1/4 c salt
3 T pepper
shape into meatballs. These you can either bake or boil and then freeze. But this time I think I am going to try to can them. I will post sauces later.

1 comment:

Amber Stoneburner said...

I don't ever remember canning meatballs. Wouldn't they get mushy? Would you can them with or with out the sauce?