Monday, May 4, 2009

Menu Plan Monday

Here's my menu plan this week. I am trying to clean out my freezer and reorganize it so I need the room.

Monday- Chicken fried steak, mashed potatoes and gravy, corn

Tuesday- Mosticoli, garlic toast and salad

Wednesday-Fresh green beans, new potatoes and sausage (recipe below)

Thursday- Pancakes, ham, and fruit cup

Friday- Turkey breast, dressing, mashed potatoes and gravy, peas

Saturday- Turkey and noodle casserole, candy carrots, biscuits

Green beans, potatoes and sausage

This is one of my husband's favorite warm weather meals and it's so easy I wasn't going to include the recipe but maybe someone may need it. It is great for when you go away since you make it in the morning and just forget about it until dinner. Except for the wonderful smell, of course.

This is a large quantity so you may make yours smaller, just reduce and use a crockpot.

I use 3-4 lbs fresh snapped green beans
About 5 lbs new red potatoes , wash and halve
3 lb pack of smoked sausage
1 large onion chopped
pepper
other seasonings to taste

Just put all in the crockpot ( I use a 18 qt roaster for this quantity) and let cook all day.

No comments: