Thursday, March 25, 2010

DIY Jewlery Organizer


Yesterday I was looking for jobs I could do easily sitting. I'm still sick so I'm trying to take it easy and still get something done. I reorganized all my sewing drawers in my sewing machine cabinet.




Then I decided to go through my jewelry and sort it. I had it in a traveling jewelry pouch with little pocket but things were sometimes hard to find and get to. So I had both a frame and a shelf I liked and since the shelf already had primitive nails for hanging things, it was a match. First I found some lace in my newly cleaned sewing drawers. Then I took the glass and picture from the frame and staples lace to the back. I left part of the bottom open for bracelets. Then the fun? part came. My daughter helped me sort all the earrings and the rest of the jewelery.I say rest because most of it was earrings. It is bittersweet but I am no longer a mommy of toddlers and babies. I have had babies and toddlers for 15 years straight and they always wanted to play, pull the necklaces so I rarely wore them. So mostly it was earrings. I gave some the the jewelry I didn't wear to my 2 younger daughters to play dress up with. They were quite happy and the hanging jewelry holder for Polly Pocket clothes. I put all the earrings on the lace. Fastened bracelets and watches around the bottom of the frame and hung the necklaces from the nails. I put a small crystal dish for rings and earrings I have lost the backs for.




Great, now to hang on the wall. I love how pretty it looks and how easy it is to find just the jewelry I want to go with any outfit.

No comments: