Monday, October 27, 2008

Funny Things Kids Say

I took my oldest ( 11yo) son to the bank with me today. I try to rotate children on errands so I can spend some one on one time with each of them. We were driving from the bank and he tells me "Mom, when I get my shoveling business, I'm going to open a bank account. That way I can buy my wife a house when I get married." Before you think he is too mature, this is the same son who later that afternoon, chased his sister with a dead mouse.

My 5yo daughter loves to play dress up. Her older sister just recently made her a play dress, forgetting about seam allowances and preshinking. Needless to say this is now a very tight short dress, you can see she has monkeys on her undies, that short. She can downstairs batting her eyes asking how she looked. My oldest daughter was there visiting and suggested more clothing on. So she went back up and later came down wrapped up in a coat. "Does this make me look like a granny?" "Nooooo", my oldest daughter replied. "What else do you have on?" "THIS!" she states, waving the coat wide open showing money undies.

The same oldest daughter visiting likes it quiet. Her home is quiet, they have one little girl. She is sitting in the chair, I have 1 daughter practicing the piano, 2 toddlers, (hers and mine) with the 5 yo playing and squealing, children making other noises and a son using s drill to tighten screws in a stool. She tells me in a low voice" I think I will start twitching now."

No comments: