Monday, December 15, 2008

It's a choice

This morning I awoke to rain falling, at least I thought it was rain until it landed on my feet. In my bedroom. Not a good way to wake up. Our bathroom toilet upstairs had developed a crack and slowly leaked all night. Our bathroom is right over our bedroom so it rained down all night.

This week our washer and dishwasher both broke down too. So we have had a wet week. But there have been blessings in the midst of this. We have 2 washers so we can still wash clothes. We have a 7 dishwashers here to help with dishes. They get to eat off of them so it seems only fair. My husband worked 3rd shift last night so he was home this morning at 7, went to Lowes bought a new toilet and installed it with help from our 3 sons. Of course, the 2 year old was not a lot of help but he had fun. We mopped up the water and dried the carpet as best we could upstairs then my husband took apart the ceiling fan that was leaking water, got numerous shocks while doing so and put it all back together. Now all we have to do is dry it out and fix the ceiling. Thankfully, we have a son-in-law that does drywall work. (he gives me a mother-in-law discount)So today and this week I had many choices. I could choose to look at the good side and things and be thankful for the blessings that God has already given me or I could choose to complain. Toilet water in my bedroom might be a good cause for complaints; but a better choice would be thankfulness.

1 comment:

Fantacy so Sweet-n-Stuff... said...

:) It IS a choice, too bad it took me years and years to figure that out ;) I have friends and family members who are ALWAYS negative and it really hurts my heart to know that I too was that way for so very long (even as a Christian) then due to some major life situations I started standing on the Word more than standing in the world and you know what? The joy of the Lord really IS my strength! Sounds like He is absolutely yours too! :D